Sunday, June 3, 2012

A "New" kind of day

This past Thursday the weather was dreary and rainy so the kids and I just had a lazy day. Not really to much on our plates, especially since G.I.Joe had funeral detail and would not be home till later that evening.

view from my back porch, left side
and view from right side of my house
Sasha playing on line
Gabriel and Ian playing the WII

That is, until the UPS man came :)

I wonder what it could be????
my new mixer and yes my 12th kitchen gadget LOL!!!
 It was like Christmas morning around here after he left the box and of course once I saw what it was I JUST HAD TO try it out and what better way to do that than to try out a new recipe that I found, coffee cake muffins, on one of my favorite blogger sites gluten free on a shoestring.

all washed and ready to go
all my ingredients
And since I was testing out new things today, anyway, I decided I would try my new reusable muffin liners too.

the liners
the muffin batter



Gabriel with the batter beater
the boys with the topping beaters

before the topping was added

 after the topping was added

fresh from the oven
how Ian ate his

Gabriel was not going to be out shined by his little brother

and my muffin cups, in tact

These muffins were great. I loved the taste and texture and I assume the boys did too and they went really well with my coffee the next morning :)                                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                    
So I will definetly be making them again.                                                                                                                                           As for my new reusable muffin liners, LOVED THEM!! As you can see from the picture, there was no problem with      stickiness, the muffins were very easy to remove from the liner and the clean up was as simple as placing them in the    top rack of my dishwasher and moving on with life.                                                                                                                     
                                           
Over all my day of testing "new things" was a HUGE success. And I can't wait to do it again.                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment