Tuesday, April 24, 2012

For the love of crock pot

To most people Spring is a time for Baseball, picnics, Softball, little league games, camp outs, cook outs and  longer periods of sun, where you can let your kids run around outside longer praying that they will get so tired that they fall asleep before their heads even hit the pillow ( okay maybe that is just me :) ).
But, to me Spring means more crock pot cooking and less time spent in the kitchen!

During the Spring months my youngest daughter, Sasha, plays Softball, where she is the catcher ( yes I am bragging :) and our second son, Gabriel, plays T-ball, this is his second season and if I must say ( which of course I do :) he is pretty darn good. She has practice 5 days a week for about 2hrs each time and he only has it 2x a week for about 2 hrs also. So between car pooling them both to and from practice and games, which never are at the same time or same place for that matter, not to include all their other activities, and people say home schoolers don't get enough socialization, I have little, to no, time to stand in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove cooking some gluten free creation that will bring us all around the table for that all so important meal of the day, DINNER.

So right as the weather starts to turn warmer and the Softball/T-ball season kicks off I take my crock pot off its resting place, also known as the top of the refrigerator, give it a good cleaning and start going through my trusty notebook of, oh so yummy, recipes.
During these months I usually use my crock pot a good 3-4x a week adapting old and new recipes to our new GF living. I do have one unwritten rule though, I will never repeat a recipe during a single month, whether it's made in my crock pot or on the stove top. Which can make it very challenging at times to come up with meals, but it is a challenge that I gladly take on.

The crock pot I use, pictured below, is one that I have had for about 6-8  years now, it is not very fancy, has 3 modes, OFF,LOW and HIGH, but it is perfect for me.
more info on the crock pot

Tonight I am crock potting, is that even a word, Peking Pork from a recipe that I got from a great blogger that I follow at crockpot365.blogspot.com
 Peking Pork

I did change some items on her list and added other items,also, to suit my families taste buds. I will let you know how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment